Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In the past 20 hours ...

... I received the following work-related calls:
  • 11:30 a.m. yesterday -- Instructor T's car was rear-ended (probably totaled). He'll be OK, but wouldn't be able to be in class.
  • 12:00 p.m. yesterday -- Instructor B had a sudden death in her immediate family.
  • 6:45 a.m. today -- Co-worker K's car was towed from its proper parking spot (again).
  • 7:15 a.m. today -- Co-worker T's car broke down on the road, and she was stuck (and freezing) waiting for her husband.
  • After I got in the office (7:45 a.m.), my phone rang. It was instructor M. I answered the phone with, "Hi. If this isn't good news, I don't want to hear it!"
Fortunately, he was just stuck in traffic and was letting me know he'd be a little late. That one's easy.
I thought they said crises came in THREES!?!?