Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Utter quiet at the airport

I seriously overestimated the time needed to get through security at the airport, so here I sit with still half an hour to spare before I even need to think about the final pre-flight restroom trip. I've already had an overpriced lunch, and I'm about ready to go find an overpriced cup of coffee.

I don't know if I've ever been at the airport at noon before. While many places are at their busiest during the midday hours, right now there is utter silence. I'm near my gate, and I see four other people. The silence really is loud.

At any rate, I've gotten through security and am all ready for my vacation from now through Sunday in Washington, D.C. A real vacation where I leave town -- unlike my usual vacation days, in which I run errands or do projects around the house.